Whenever you read a TeaTime-Mag article or have an assignment, do the following things in the given order:
- First listen to the text WITHOUT reading anything.
- Summarize orally in a few sentences what you’ve heard.
- Read the text carefully. Before you “hover” your mouse over an underlined word, try to guess its meaning from the context.
- Prepare and practice a talk of 4-5 minutes about your text. Take care to use the simple present. (“My text IS about … The author EXPLAINS / DESCRIBES …”)
- Now click on ‘Language’ and do the Comprehension Quiz.
- Scroll down and click on the text vocabulary (i.e. the one which has the same title as the text) and print out the list of words.
- Highlight (Markiere) TEN NEW and interesting / useful words / expressions and learn them. If you don’t know how to pronounce a word correctly, look it up in the OALD. Bring “your” vocab list to class in the next lesson.
- Alternatively write down “your” words together with the German translation on a piece of paper and bring it to the next lesson.
- Practice / improve your talk once more and try to actively use your new vocabulary.
PS. It is an excellent idea to revise your vocab and your talk from time to time. 😉