Nachdem meine Q11 Schüler als Hausaufgabe „All My Great Excuses“ gelesen hatten, sollten sie sich selber „witty excuses“ ausdenken. Hier meine persönlichen Favoriten:
- My brother-in-law’s friend’s father’s grandmother’s sister’s aunt’s turtle has died. Oh my god, what a tragic death it was. I was crying all night long and so I simply couldn’t do my homework.
- I had put my homework on my desk. Suddenly it caught fire. It seems that it was simply too bad anyway and God wanted to protect you from it.
- I couldn’t do my current homework because I spent the whole night doing my previous homework.
- My mother lost a finger while chopping carrots and bled all over my homework. I wanted to spare you that ghastly sight.
- I wanted to be a role model for my classmates and memorize my homework by heart. So I put it under my pillow because when I was a little girl my mother always told me that if I wanted to memorize something I had better put it under my pillow. As you know puberty is a kind of disease that makes your forget things all the time. So you can imagine where my homework still is …
- My mum had to do the homework of all my seven brothers and sisters and after that she was so exhausted that she couldn’t do mine any more.
- My dad took all night to finish my homework and in the morning he accidentally took it with him to his office.
- I didn’t do the dishes, so my mother took revenge and burned my homework.